What Is Good Mileage On A Used Car?
When you’re shopping for a used car, take mileage into consideration. For a long time, buying or leasing a used vehicle with over 100,000 miles was worth it, but depending on the repairs and maintenance the vehicle has had, that’s not necessarily the case. Learn more about the various factors that play in shopping for a used car with SJ Denham Chrysler Jeep FIAT in Redding.
Good Mileage for a Used Car & Other Factors
If you’re considering a used Chrysler Jeep FIAT, take these other factors into consideration along with mileage:
- Use – Be sure to ask for the previous owner’s driving history before you finance to get an indication of how the vehicle was used. 75,000 miles of stop and go traffic wears down a vehicle quicker than 75,000 of highway miles.
- Maintenance – When you check the vehicle history report, make sure the vehicle has been brought in for routine maintenance and oil changes at the proper oil change intervals. If its maintenance history is spotty, it could be a sign of troubles to come.
- Condition – Have your local Chico-area certified mechanic inspect the vehicle for potential issues, and incorporate this amount into your budget.
- Location – Climate affects cars just as much as it affects people. If a car came from a warm and dry climate, it’s under less stress than a car that’s coming from a cold and wet area.
The bottom line: Before you buy your used vehicle, be sure you take all factors into consideration, and ask for the vehicle history report.
Age vs. Mileage: What’s Better for a Used Car?
While many might think that lower mileage is better than higher mileage on a used car, that is not necessarily the case. You have to take additional factors into consideration like:
- A car that hasn’t been driven regularly can have higher repair costs, and cause issues like cracked rubber seals and drivetrain issues.
- A car that has a thorough maintenance history report should take precedence over one whose history is not so comprehensive.
- Cars with low mileage may carry a premium.
In summary, choosing a newer car with higher mileage is not necessarily a bad thing. Just make sure you take other factors into consideration when buying.
And, if you want a used vehicle that is a happy medium between age and mileage, why not consider a certified pre-owned model?
Find Your Perfect Used Car Near Red Bluff
If you’re shopping for a reliable used car in the Anderson or Corning area, look no further than the selection at SJ Denham Chrysler Jeep FIAT. We’ll match you up with the right car that’ll fit your budget. If you have any questions, get in touch with our knowledgable staff, or stop by our dealership, SJ Denham Chrysler Jeep FIAT, to learn about comprehensive insurance or to check out our used car selection for yourself.
Looking for an all-terrain pickup truck? Totally unique in the midsize pickup segment, the 2021 Jeep Gladiator combines off-road capability with a 60-inch truck bed and numerous features for easier hauling in Anderson. Even if you’re impressed by the Jeep Gladiator specs, you may wonder how they translate to the trail. Join the SJ Denham Chrysler Jeep FIAT…
The upcoming 2021 Jeep Wrangler continues the tradition of being a fully capable vehicle on and off the Anderson roads, but how much can the Jeep Wrangler tow? The Wrangler towing capacity ranges from 2,000 to 3,500 pounds depending on the trim you choose. Learn about the other exciting features of the new Jeep…
The 2020 Jeep Compass is a compact SUV that has received rave reviews for its technology amenities and stellar performance specs. One of the reasons Redding drivers look for this vehicle is the powerful Jeep Compass towing capacity, which goes up to 2,000 pounds when properly equipped. SJ Denham Chrysler Jeep FIAT details the engine behind the Jeep…