What Is Good Mileage On A Used Car?
When you’re shopping for a used car, take mileage into consideration. For a long time, buying or leasing a used vehicle with over 100,000 miles was worth it, but depending on the repairs and maintenance the vehicle has had, that’s not necessarily the case. Learn more about the various factors that play in shopping for a used car with SJ Denham Chrysler Jeep FIAT in Redding.
Good Mileage for a Used Car & Other Factors
If you’re considering a used Chrysler Jeep FIAT, take these other factors into consideration along with mileage:
- Use – Be sure to ask for the previous owner’s driving history before you finance to get an indication of how the vehicle was used. 75,000 miles of stop and go traffic wears down a vehicle quicker than 75,000 of highway miles.
- Maintenance – When you check the vehicle history report, make sure the vehicle has been brought in for routine maintenance and oil changes at the proper oil change intervals. If its maintenance history is spotty, it could be a sign of troubles to come.
- Condition – Have your local Chico-area certified mechanic inspect the vehicle for potential issues, and incorporate this amount into your budget.
- Location – Climate affects cars just as much as it affects people. If a car came from a warm and dry climate, it’s under less stress than a car that’s coming from a cold and wet area.
The bottom line: Before you buy your used vehicle, be sure you take all factors into consideration, and ask for the vehicle history report.
Age vs. Mileage: What’s Better for a Used Car?
While many might think that lower mileage is better than higher mileage on a used car, that is not necessarily the case. You have to take additional factors into consideration like:
- A car that hasn’t been driven regularly can have higher repair costs, and cause issues like cracked rubber seals and drivetrain issues.
- A car that has a thorough maintenance history report should take precedence over one whose history is not so comprehensive.
- Cars with low mileage may carry a premium.
In summary, choosing a newer car with higher mileage is not necessarily a bad thing. Just make sure you take other factors into consideration when buying.
And, if you want a used vehicle that is a happy medium between age and mileage, why not consider a certified pre-owned model?
Find Your Perfect Used Car Near Red Bluff
If you’re shopping for a reliable used car in the Anderson or Corning area, look no further than the selection at SJ Denham Chrysler Jeep FIAT. We’ll match you up with the right car that’ll fit your budget. If you have any questions, get in touch with our knowledgable staff, or stop by our dealership, SJ Denham Chrysler Jeep FIAT, to learn about comprehensive insurance or to check out our used car selection for yourself.
The Jeep Renegade has made a name for itself in the Anderson area for its dynamic performance specs and high-tech features, but its style sets this SUV leagues ahead of the competition on the road. Choosing to buy a Renegade is easy, but which of the 2020 Jeep Renegade colors will you choose for your…
Curious how much can the Pacifica tow? The 2020 Chrysler Pacifica towing capacity can reach an impressive 3,600 pounds across all trim levels. That means your whole family and all of your gear will make it to your destination with nothing left behind. Take on your next Anderson adventure with ease in a powerful Pacifica!…
Drivers from Anderson to Chico are wondering what is in the Jeep Compass interior. SJ Denham Chrysler Jeep FIAT knows that the all-weather capability of Jeep SUV models is legendary and the 2020 Jeep Compass is no exception. Offering amazing off-road capabilities, this SUV is a critical success and fan favorite. However, it’s the impressive Jeep Compass interior that…