Best Museums in Chico, CA
The best museums in Chico, CA will tempt you to make a visit whether you’re a culture vulture or a history buff. We’ve put together a quick list to help you plan your next day out.
- Chico Museum
- Chico Air Museum
- Museum of Northern California Art (MONCA)
- Bidwell Mansion State Historic Park
- Gateway Science Museum
Chico Museums Provide a Great Daytrip for Visitors of All Ages
- Chico Museum: With a focus on local Chico and Butte County history, the Chico Museum houses two main galleries that feature changing exhibits covering aspects of the city’s past and present. You’ll also find a permanent Chico Timeline documenting 1830 to 2000 in photos, portraits, and artifacts.
- Chico Air Museum: Collect, preserving, documenting, and displaying aviation and space artifacts, the Chico Air Museum is a great option for all ages. The outdoor museum boasts jet and propeller driven aircraft, while the indoor museum is home to artifacts, pictures, and historic displays.
- Museum of Northern California Art (MONCA): MONCA’s collection draws on paintings, prints, drawings, sculptures, and photography from close to 100 North Californian artists. You can view featured works from Claudia Steel, David Hoppe, Ann Pierce, Steve Reoutt, Ruth Ormerod, Salvatore Casa, Maia Peebles-Bright, Paul Di Pasqua, Richard Hornaday, and more.
- Bidwell Mansion State Historic Park: The celebrated home of General John Bidwell and Annie Bidwell, this stunning 26-room building was built in 1868 and is now one of the area’s finest examples of early Victorian-era architecture. Step back in time by arranging a tour or view historic landscaping during a stroll through the adjacent grounds.
- Gateway Science Museum: Designed to engage youth interested in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM), the Gateway Science Museum offers a wide array of exhibits for enquiring minds. Attractions include a hands-on Discovery Room, Saturday Investigation Station Activities, and the Gateway Gardens.
Make Sure You Make the Most of Chico’s Popular Museum Scene
The team here at SJ Denham Chrysler Jeep Fiat will always be happy to talk about local attractions, so contact us today for any further advice or assistance. Let SJ Denham Chrysler Jeep FIAT be your guide from Anderson to Chico and beyond! Whether you’re looking to plan a day that’s fun for the whole family, grab a bite at some of our favorite Mexican restaurants in Redding or in Red Bluff, we have you covered!
More from SJ Denham Chrysler Jeep FIAT
Explore the 12 different Jeep Grand Cherokee trims to find the perfect trim for your next Anderson adventure. Learn about the features of each of the Jeep Grand Cherokee configurations with SJ Denham Chrysler Jeep FIAT. Afterwards, feel free to browse our Jeep Grand Cherokee inventory to find the perfect vehicle for you. View Grand Cherokee Inventory Contact Us…
2020 Jeep Grand Cherokee Towing Capacity Drivers from Anderson to Chico are looking for a sleek and powerful SUV to take on commutes and road trips alike. This often leads them to explore the 2020 Jeep Grand Cherokee. So, how much can the Grand Cherokee tow? Quite a bit, actually. With four different engines available…
If the Jeep Compass caught your eye in 2019, you’ll definitely want to take a close look at the 2020 version. This year’s model adds more standard safety features and luxurious interior amenities to upgrade your drives throughout Redding. You can expect the same agile handling and spacious interior dimensions to make every errand and…