Best Museums in Chico, CA
The best museums in Chico, CA will tempt you to make a visit whether you’re a culture vulture or a history buff. We’ve put together a quick list to help you plan your next day out.
- Chico Museum
- Chico Air Museum
- Museum of Northern California Art (MONCA)
- Bidwell Mansion State Historic Park
- Gateway Science Museum
Chico Museums Provide a Great Daytrip for Visitors of All Ages
- Chico Museum: With a focus on local Chico and Butte County history, the Chico Museum houses two main galleries that feature changing exhibits covering aspects of the city’s past and present. You’ll also find a permanent Chico Timeline documenting 1830 to 2000 in photos, portraits, and artifacts.
- Chico Air Museum: Collect, preserving, documenting, and displaying aviation and space artifacts, the Chico Air Museum is a great option for all ages. The outdoor museum boasts jet and propeller driven aircraft, while the indoor museum is home to artifacts, pictures, and historic displays.
- Museum of Northern California Art (MONCA): MONCA’s collection draws on paintings, prints, drawings, sculptures, and photography from close to 100 North Californian artists. You can view featured works from Claudia Steel, David Hoppe, Ann Pierce, Steve Reoutt, Ruth Ormerod, Salvatore Casa, Maia Peebles-Bright, Paul Di Pasqua, Richard Hornaday, and more.
- Bidwell Mansion State Historic Park: The celebrated home of General John Bidwell and Annie Bidwell, this stunning 26-room building was built in 1868 and is now one of the area’s finest examples of early Victorian-era architecture. Step back in time by arranging a tour or view historic landscaping during a stroll through the adjacent grounds.
- Gateway Science Museum: Designed to engage youth interested in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM), the Gateway Science Museum offers a wide array of exhibits for enquiring minds. Attractions include a hands-on Discovery Room, Saturday Investigation Station Activities, and the Gateway Gardens.
Make Sure You Make the Most of Chico’s Popular Museum Scene
The team here at SJ Denham Chrysler Jeep Fiat will always be happy to talk about local attractions, so contact us today for any further advice or assistance. Let SJ Denham Chrysler Jeep FIAT be your guide from Anderson to Chico and beyond! Whether you’re looking to plan a day that’s fun for the whole family, grab a bite at some of our favorite Mexican restaurants in Redding or in Red Bluff, we have you covered!
More from SJ Denham Chrysler Jeep FIAT
Here at SJ Denham Chrysler Jeep FIAT, we are proud to be a family-owned and operated business in the greater Redding community. Serving our neighbors means recommending the best things to do, places to dine, and vehicles to drive for life in Redding. When it comes to the holidays, we are excited to share the activities that make holiday…
With signature sporty ruggedness and loads of personality, the new Jeep Renegade is a compact SUV that only Jeep could make. While it’s perfect for going on adventures near Downtown Redding, it’s sweet and stylish enough for hitting the best restaurants in Anderson, with enough cargo space for grocery shopping in Anderson. Wherever you go…
The 2019 Jeep Cherokee ranks in the top 15 of U.S. News and World Report’s list of compact SUVs for good reason: Critics and Anderson area drivers love the wide variety of options it makes available across its many colors and trim levels, whether it’s a Jeep Cherokee 4×4 or FWD. Find out what makes…